Wednesday, July 11, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday! This post is a fun one because some of my favorite foods are in peak season this month: corn and blueberries :)

Breakfast was the typical bowl of Rip's Big Bowl topped with fresh blueberries and almond milk. Yum. I never grow tired of this simple, substantial breakfast.




Lunch was...delicious. Homemade tabouli, corn on the cob and tempeh sloppy Joe's. Something about the minti-ness of the tabouli with the bbq sauce of the sloppy Joe's was a perfect mix.





In the afternoon (on the rare occasions in which I'm not having a green smoothie!) I like to make something sweet/salty/crunchy, like these yummy soynuts. They are good mixed with dried fruit, dark chocolate, etc. The next time you're throwing together a trail mix, add dry roasted soynuts :)






Dinner was "what can I make in a flash and bring to the baseball field?" a.k.a. wraps! I used Gardein Mandarian Orange Crispy Chicken on a whole wheat wrap with lettuce and tomato. Easy to make a bunch and bring them to a game! Certainly beats the junk food they sell at concessions!


No comments: