Thursday, July 12, 2012

The garden is starting to really grow

I think I mentioned before that I'm not much of a gardener because of the snakes in our backyard. That is sort of a deal breaker for me :) I want to be cool about it, but I'm not. I'm just not. But then again, is anyone? (my deep thought for the day)

That said, I have managed to throw together a cute little garden this year.


Raised beds like these are great because we compost (more on that later!) and simply turn the soil over in the Spring and mix in that winter's composted vegetables and fruit scraps that have turned into gold :) This is a couple of zucchini plants that will make me very happy in about two weeks.


The picture above is one of my Dad's old radio towers. As soon as I saw it, I thought, "sculpture!" and ran with it. I'm growing morning glories up the sides of the tower. However, they aren't really taking as much as I hoped! Lessons learned. But hey, the tower still looks cool!


I lost a dear friend of mine years ago named Becky. There are "Becky" daisies I planted in her memory.


And this is bee balm, which I grow to attract my favorite birds, hummingbirds!



How does nature make everything so perfect?


No comments: