I recently made a recipe from the book, Coconut Garbanzo Bean Curry.
Here are some pictures...
Cubed buttternut squash
Add a bunch of yummy stuff...
Note: Amanda and Mike in Baltimore, you would like this :)
Coconut Garbanzo Bean Curry
1 cup butternut squash, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 cup sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1/2 inch cubes
2 T olive oil (I always use a little less)
1 medium yellow onion, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch dice
1 T curry powder
3 cloves mined garlic
2 T creamy peanut butter
1 can lite unsweetened coconut milk
1 14 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
2 15 ounce cans garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
1/4 tsp ground black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
4 cups fresh baby spinach
2 T roughly chopped fresh cilantro (yum)
1/4 cup chopped unsalted roasted peanuts
1. Preheat oven to 425.
2. Toss squash and potato cubes in medium bowl with 1 T olive oil until evenly coated. Place in a single layer on a roasting pan or baking sheet. Roast for 20-30 minutes, or until soft in the middle.
3. Heat 1 T oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell pepper and saute until soft, 5-8 minutes.
4. Add the curry powder and garlic, and stir constantly for 30 seconds.
5. Stir in the peanut butter and slowly add the coconut milk until a very smooth sauce is formed.
6. Add in the tomatoes, beans, sweet potatoes, and squash, and mix until combined.
7. Season with the pepper and salt and bring the mixture up to a simmer. Stir in the spinach until wilted, about 5 minutes.
8. Stir in the cilantro and remove from the heat. Top with the peanuts before serving.