Tuesday, July 24, 2012

What The Bulk? Super Charge Me Cookies

Today I made one of my favorite cookies, from Dreena Burton's "Eat, Drink and Be Vegan" these are called "Super Charge Me Cookies."

Makes about 12 cookies that taste like semi crunchy perfectly homemade granola bars.



I jazz them up my own way, so I'll make note of that for you!

Makes about 12

Ingredients:

1 cup old-fashioned oats
2/3 cup whole wheat PASTRY flour (not regular whole wheat, trust me)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 T unsweetened shredded coconut (I like Bob's Red Mill)
1 cup mix-in of your choice (I used some sesame seeds, mini chocolate chips, craisins and pecans)
1/3 cup ground flax seeds
1/2 cup maple syrup (I used 1/4 cup maple and 1/4 cup brown rice syrup)
3 T nut butter (I used peanut)
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 T canola oil (I used melted coconut oil)

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment (I used a Silpat).

In a large bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, sea salt, cinnamon, coconut and mix-ins with a fork.

In a separate smaller bowl, mix the flax, maple syrup, nut butter, vanilla and oil until all the chunks of nut butter are gone.

Pour the wet mixture into the dry, and stir well until everything is well combined (I use my hands).

Use a tablespoon to scoop out small cookies. I like to roll them into balls and flatten them a little.

They will not spread, so you can space them close together on the sheet.

Bake for exactly 13 minutes.


Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a minute before transferring to a wire rack to cool.

ENJOY!

No comments: