Wednesday, May 2, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday. Thank you for all the positive feedback! I really appreciate knowing this weekly post is helping those of you who are looking to see what the meals actually look like on the table. You'll notice a lot of what I eat for lunch is some sort of thrown together leftovers thing. Keep things SIMPLE and you're much more likely to eat well. Lets start with breakfast:



A bowl of Rip's Big Bowl,  plus some sliced strawberries, walnuts and chia seeds for good measure and extra omegas!


Lunch was some leftover black bean and sweet potato black bean soup served with some raw mushrooms and spinach salad. The soup is much more like a stew, so it didn't water down the plate. Very simple, but very tasty and filling. The dressing is the Health Starts Here sesame, which rocks my world.


Snack was the typical: a frozen banana/fresh spinach smoothie with unsweetend almond milk. I topped it with some homemade veganmama granola for extra sweetness and crunch factor. And you'd never know from these pictures, but the smoothie is nice and HUGE.

 

Dinner was pretty, in my opinion!


Mashed sweet potatoes seasoned with Earth Balance, miso and parsley, whole wheat cous cous, BBQ Tofettes, mango and broccoli.

Dessert was a new snack to try. Dark chocolate covered dried plums. They were a little too sweet for me, but my daughter loved them!



No comments: