Tuesday, May 8, 2012

What the Bulk!?!?!? Textured Vegetable Protein (TVP)


They say necessity is the mother of invention, or something like that...

The other day I was making one of the many loaf recipes I love and I realized I didn't have two bags of Morning Star Farms meatless crumbles. Oops! What to do? Then I remembered that I had picked up a bag of TVP by Bob's Red Mill for about $3.00. TVP stands for "textured vegetable protein" and is what the meatless crumbles are made of.

I followed the ridiculously simple directions and used it in my loaf. Funny thing was, I liked the flavor of the plain TVP, as it wasn't nearly as salty as Morning Star's. I think I'll probably start making it like this and then season it with Bragg's Liquid Aminos. Plus, there is something really great about saving money, right?





No comments: