Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday


Welcome back to another fun "What I Ate Wednesday" post. A little shout out to my friend Aimee, who I know enjoys these posts the most!

I bet you could already guess I had Rip's Big Bowl for breakfast, right? To jazz things up, I added watermelon, bananas, grapes and strawberries with almond milk. I love almond milk so much I can't believe I've only been drinking it for about 8 months. It's delicious and filled with a lot of nutritional punch! Do you have a brand preference? I'm not yet brand specific, but I prefer the unsweetened kind. Most foods don't need that extra sweetness. Especially when you're eating fruit with a meal.





I went out on a limb and tried a different kind of drink: KOMBUCHA! Fun to say, right? Well, it's actually really good. Crazy tasting because it's naturally fermented, but fun. Both my husband and I liked it when we split this bottle. You can get it at Whole Foods and I've also seen some varieties at Target. This particular flavor was our favorite.





Lunch was a random assortment of yum: kale chips, mango, carrots, brown rice, bean and corn salad and peach salsa. Ole!







     
Since my daughter wanted to make her own dinner, she asked that it make it to the blog :) This is her whole wheat tortilla filled with black beans, a small salad and some fruit. Simple and kid friendly.
TVP loaf with peas, caramelized onions, mashed red potatoes, broccoli and buttercup squash. That's a whole lotta vegetables! 
For dessert, we made our favorite "pudding" from the blog, For the Love of Kale! This takes all of about 3 minutes to make and my kids do it on their own. Victory! And because I love the taste of raisins and walnuts together, I had to top it off with a small handful!



No comments: