Friday, August 31, 2012

Small Changes: Drinking decaf tea

I used to drink coffee. And when I say drink coffee, I mean ALL day long. When I worked in an office, I drank about three or four cups of the regular stuff a day. When I was pregnant with my first child, I switched to decaf. It wasn't easy, but it felt great not to feel so dependent on the stuff!

That was 11 years ago and I've never looked back. I can tell you with certainty that it helped balance out my sleeping patterns and it also was just nice not to have something I felt I needed everyday (btw, all you need is love :)

Once I went vegan last summer I switched to tea, not really liking decaf coffee with non-dairy milk (I used to use full-on cream).  Now I can't imagine my mornings without a cup of hot tea in the winter and iced herbal in the summer.

My favorite tea is rooibos (also known as African red bush) which is always caffeine free.

Although I enjoy high-end rooibos from time to time, I can tell you this one is also excellent and very affordable and available everywhere. It tastes great hot or cold :)


No comments: