Thursday, August 2, 2012

Garden Grille and Wildflour Bakery, Pawtucket, RI

If you've been reading veganmama for a while you know I love, love, love the Garden Grille in Pawtucket, RI. It's one of the best vegetarian restaurants I've been to and is consistently great. And the fact that Wildflour, a vegan bakery, is two stores down is icing on the (vegan) cake!

Since I'm a creature of habit (Rip's Big Bowl every morning. Anyone?), I always start with the chipotle seitan with the wasabi mustard (which drives me crazy). The seitan tastes like deeply BBQ'd perfection.



I always find it really hard to choose an entree, since there are so many interesting choices, but this night I chose the Seared Sweet Potato.


Here it is. I realize it doesn't look very special, but the roasted cauliflower? Amazing.



These are the risotto cakes on a bed of greens that tasted super smokey :)


"Everything" tofu, which was based on the everything bagel. So good and had great texture, for real ;)




My daughter always goes for the nachos, which for me is just a delivery system for guacamole and peppers!



Happy semi-vegetarian kids!



Part of the appeal of the bakery Wildflour is the cute dog, Henry, who is often seen in front.


Love this new painting of him proudly hung in the cafe! Isn't the detail beautiful?


If you know me well, you know I'm not really a cake/pie/cupcake person, not when raw chocolate with maca is an option! I'm not really sure how they make this, but it's completely worth the $2.50 a piece. It's incredible. INCREDIBLE.



My daughter, on the other hand, went the route any little girl would go, the chocolate peanut butter cupcake. It's really pretty, isn't it? I can tell you, it's SUPER sweet, though. Too much for me.


So, the next time you're looking to go out for a meal, please give the Garden Grille a try!


No comments: