Thursday, August 30, 2012

Zumba!

Vanessa, Me and Ashley!
 
A big part of wellness in my life is working out. I'm not going to lie, I'm one of the lucky ones who genuinely loves going to the gym. For me it's a time to treat myself well, spend time with girlfriends, meet new friends and listen to the kind of music my kids love :)

I feel like I'm late to the party on this one, but this summer I started taking zumba twice a week and LOVE IT! Like, love it so much I would be an instructor if I had a little more wiggle room (get it?) in my schedule. Never say never...





Have you tried zumba? It's the perfect mix of hip hop, Latin and Middle Eastern dancing, all set to great music. The classes are routine based, so you feel like you're in a dance class where you can really add your own flare, which I'm ALL about! I joke to friends that it's like going to a dance club in the suburbs without all the gross men. What could be better than that?

Here's a video link that Vanessa sent me from her teaching a class (before my time!). So fun, right?


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9uIxuyhQeZ4

No comments: