Wednesday, August 15, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday! 

Breakfast was the usual bowl of Rip's Big Bowl, topped with the best blueberries I had all summer (from Roche Brothers in Norton). They were super sweet and snappy.



Lunch was my favorite wheatberry salad that I make. I added red peppers for color, but it's just a basic grain salad made sweet with dried cranberries and toasted walnuts. I also had some store-bought stuffed grapeleaves and cukes from the garden on the side.


For a snack I had this crazy stuff from the Vitamin Sea company called "Sea Crunch." I thought it was about the yummiest thing I've ever had and can't figure out why...




No, it didn't taste like seaweed, don't worry. It was like a cookie or crunchy granola bar that had the salty/sweet thing going on. Amazing.

Dinner was chopped greens from the farm stand (swiss chard) cooked with black eyed peas. When you're using swiss chard, don't throw away the stems! Chop them up like you would celery and use them as well.





I know it doesn't look pretty, but this sort of meal served over a whole grain (cous cous, brown rice) is very good and is something you can eat for days!

No comments: