Monday, August 20, 2012

Healthy School Lunch Ideas



Last year I put together a presentation for teaching a "Healthy Lunches for Kids" class as my local Whole Foods market.  I'm sure I'm not the only mother who gets (super) bored of packing the same old lunches 5 days a week for an entire school year! So I made myself a bit of a cheat sheet to use as a quick reminder of different things I could make.


When I recently found the notes I took to make my presentation run smoothly, I thought you might enjoy seeing the way I broke it all down! I realize not everything is vegan...


Healthy Kids Lunch Ideas by veganmama



Something Substantial
Soup
Bagel
Sandwich
Salad
Wrap
Sushi
Pasta Salad
Quinoa Salad
Couscous Salad
Burrito


Something Creamy
Cheese
Yogurt
Apple Butter
Almond or Peanut Butter
Hummus
Avocado

Something Crunchy
Carrots
Pretzels
Nuts
Popcorn
Veggie Chips
Celery
Crackers
Kale Chips

Something Sweet
Apples
Strawberries
Blueberries
Dried Apricots
Trail Mix
Granola Bars
Banana
Sweet Peas
Dark Chocolate Square
Watermelon
Raisins
Craisin
Dates with Peanut Butter

No comments: