Friday, June 29, 2012

Eating breakfast on the road

Traveling and eating well don't need to be an impossible combination. That said, it's sometimes tricky when you're on the road and want to eat breakfast at a hotel. Usually I have fruit and granola bars just in case, or packets of oatmeal.

We stopped halfway home between North Carolina and Massachusetts at a hotel in Newark, Delaware (home of the University of Delaware!) and stayed at the Embassy Suites.

Much to my delight :) they had a nice breakfast spread. Sure, it was a lot of the typical stuff (eggs, ham, bacon, etc.) but they also had a nice selection of cereals and fruit.

But what I got and loved....steel cut Irish oats in a big pot, with my name all over it!


Here's how I jazzed it up: cinnamon, bananas, granola and a big ol' scoop of peanut butter. YUM!

No comments: