Monday, June 25, 2012

Tofu Press

Do you remember when Whole Foods came to my church to teach a cooking class? One of the things we made was a delicious tofu lasagna (I know, I know, you're thinking, "Really? That can't taste good." But you know what? It was awesome!)

One of the tools they had on hand for draining the tofu (which is stored in water and very absorbent), was this tofu press. Definitely one of those products I tried and immediately thought, "Why didn't I think of that?"


I'm sure there are different versions of this sort of thing, but I see no reason to buy one that wasn't this one made by NASOYA.

How it works is you place a block of tofu under the press and then push down the lid until you can lock it into place. Then the tofu drains quickly and well. Unlike my current (annoying) method of placing it on papertowels and weighing it down with a heavy plate. Just not very effective!

I'm not exactly sure, but I think this press costs around $30.00. Is it necessary? No, but it sure makes dealing with tofu a lot easier!

No comments: