Wednesday, June 6, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday, everyone's favorite peak into what I'm up to in the kitchen. Noticing any patterns?  I like my meals quick, well-rounded and filling.

Breakfast was the usual, Rip's Big Bowl with grapes. As for the addition of grapes to cereal, don't knock it until you've tried it! I love red grapes, but they need to be really fresh and snappy. These did the trick!
I also tossed in some banana for good measure.



Lunch was typical me: an assortment of leftovers in the fridge!


Simple plain chopped kale/romaine salad, lentil sweet potato stew and wheatberry salad. All filling and really full of flavor.


Tied me over until smoothie hour:


I realize the smoothie looks a little odd, but it rocked. Frozen banana, about 5 ice cubes, 1/4 cup almond milk (unsweetened) and a whole bunch of fresh spinach, blended into a thick frappe. Topped with crushed walnuts and raisins. I'm a sucker for anything with walnuts and raisins!

Dinner was a peanuty-Asian noodle dish.

I started with some brown rice pasta (my new favorite!)


Some of the ingredients I typically use to make Asian sauce:


Add some fresh and some frozen vegetables


And the finished meal was just right on a cold (!?!?) June night!

No comments: