Wednesday, April 11, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to "What I ate Wednesday!" I'm happy you're here. This breakfast was a big ol' bowl of the overnight oats I know some of you have also tried and are enjoying. Today I replaced the unsweetened coconut with cinnamon, raisins and walnuts. I always eat bananas in my cereal because they help keep me filled up until lunchtime :) On a side note, nice the way almond milk is actually white (not grey, like cow's milk).


And speaking of lunch, today it was a simple salad (you're onto me, aren't you? I'm a salad person!) of chopped romaine over Israeli cous cous (cooked in broth and sweetened with white raisins). Chickpeas, mushrooms and a Health Starts Here dressing. Also some stewed Swiss chard. The nice thing about the leftovers in my fridge is that they can usually be thrown on top of a salad, as you see here!


Yeah, I really do eat one of these every day, and they are usually red (strawberry banana) or green (kale or spinach with banana). What can I say? They do the trick for me! This one was straight up. No topping necessary. The glass looks small, but it's a pint glass. Nice big snack, peeps.

This is the sort of thing I could eat every single night and never grow tired of. It's a hot bowl of sweet potato black bean soup over brown rice. I topped it with a delicious avocado (is there anything better?) and then squeezed a whole lime over the whole thing. Yumtastic.


Here was my humble little fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants dessert for the day :) I ate quite a few of these little buggers and man, they are good! Simply slice a banana, bread the nut butter of your choice on the top and then dip your creation in mini chocolate chips. Pop it in your mouth and feel happy.


That's all for today! Thanks for reading and keep sharing with me what you're eating!

No comments: