Wednesday, April 18, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Good Morning and welcome back to "What I Ate Wednesday!" For those who have reached out to me to tell me they enjoy this series of posts, THANK YOU! I appreciate feedback and love knowing it's helping you get ideas!

Breakfast was fruity and delicious. I started with a peach smoothie (frozen peaches blended with some ice and almond milk...that's it!) and a bowl of the usual (Rip's Big Bowl, Engine 2) topped with fruit. I always keep it simple and never skip breakfast.


This lunch was gooood. Looks like a pile of randomness, but it's actually a recipe I followed from the Engine 2 Diet book. click Here is the recipe. What you can't see buried underneath all the vegetables is the Engine 2 hummus spread all over the bread. It's an oil-free hummus, so you can really pile it on. Plus, my kids love it! That recipe is right here:

  • 1 can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
  • 2 cloves garlic, chopped
  • 2–3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
  • 1 teaspoon Bragg Liquid Aminos (whole foods) or low-sodium tamari
  • 3 tablespoons water or vegetable broth
Basically blend it all together in a food processor until it's the consistency you favor. If you want it thinner, just add some water. When I first made it I really missed the taste of tahini, but I've grown to really like it. If you're a heart patient, this is a perfect spread or dip :)

You didn't really think I'd go a day without a green smoothie, did you? Nope! They really are a daily addiction!

Dinner was a"date" to the big Legacy Place Whole Foods with my husband and two kids. I am friends with Whole Foods on Facebook (I'm sure you're shocked!) and ended up winning a $25 gift card that week (thank you, thank you!). Dinner was on veganmama! This was actually the "Engine 2" burrito bowl from their Mexican station. That grain on the right is red quinoa :) The tofu was marinated in some sort of awesomeness. Looks like a small dinner, but it was actually quite large! I think it's amazing that the Engine 2 stuff is catching on in such a huge way! But you know, the more people like us ask for what we want in stores and restaurants, the more we'll see changes in our markets, restaurants and cafeterias.

Dessert :)

Have a great day, my friends!

No comments: