Monday, April 16, 2012

The Simplest Popcorn Ever!

Popcorn. Remember when popcorn was good for us? I'm talking before it was smothered in palm oils and fake flavorings at the movie theater and in microwave popcorn (note: I get it. There really is no smell better than movie theater popcorn....) However, we managed to take a perfectly beautiful whole grain and make it junky.

I love this way of making yourself the ultimate afternoon snack: a simple brown bag of clean popcorn!

Here's how. Take a regular-sized brown lunch bag. Fill it with a 1/4 cup of popcorn.

Fold the bag over twice to create a little seal. Please it, seal-size down in the microwave. Zap it for 2 minutes and 30 seconds (I suppose there is a little room for error here, so stand by!)

Presto! A perfect mid-day snack for yourself!


And if you have gigantic handbags like me, go ahead and sneak it into the theater! You only live once :)

No comments: