Thursday, April 5, 2012

Second Vegetarian Night at my House


I recently had a tasting night at my house. I enjoyed spending time with friends and we had a lovely night learning some easy healthy-eating tips while eating good food! I really appreciated people coming out and helping me do my thing :) If I had the time, I'd do this every Wednesday night! Here are my pictures and recipes of the night. Enjoy!

Kale Chips

A Simple Green Salad

Quinoa Cakes

Stewed Lentils and Tomatoes

Gardien “Chicken” or “Beef” with Broccoli Slaw

Peanut Butter Pie!

Nicole’s Green Smoothie


Peanut Butter Pie (from Better off Well)

12 oz. package extra-firm SILKEN tofu
1/2 cup natural peanut butter
1/3 cup pure maple syrup
2 tsp vanilla
1 cup dark chocolate chips, melted
1 1/2 cups graham crackers finely ground
1 cup pitted dates, soaked in warm water for about an hour

Preheat oven to 375. Lightly grease (with coconut oil) a pie plate and set aside. Drain dates and puree them to make a date paste. In a large bowl, mix date paste with the graham cracker. You want it to be a doughy consistency. Press mixture into a pie plate. Bake 7-10 minutes or until lightly golden brown. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack before using. Process tofu until smooth. Add peanut butter, maple sytrup and vanilla. Blend again until smooth. Add melted chips and blend one more time (taste and swoon!) Now pour mixture into crust and refrigerate for at least three hours before serving.

Thank you again for coming out to support veganmama! Can't wait to hear stories of how the things you learned that night are inspiring you! How many of you are now adding kale chips and smoothies to your day? Anything in particular you found to be inspiring? I'd love to hear from you (as would my readers!) Thank YOU!

And no worries, for those who missed the fun, I'll be scheduling these about four to five times year, so keep your eyes peeled!

No comments: