Thursday, January 12, 2012

My favorite green smoothie!

Everyday between lunch and dinner I get a craving for a snack that will not only satisfy my sweet tooth, but will also provide me with a nice boost of vitamins and minerals. When I think that a year ago I was drinking coffee with creepy fake creamer for an afternoon "snack" I am proud of how far I've come! Never underestimate the ability to change your taste buds, dear readers!




Have you considered trying to make smoothies for yourself? Here is my simple, tried and true green smoothie "recipe." I say "recipe" because I'm always switching things up. Here is at least a general idea of how to make it. This one is topped with a little sprinkle of toasted hazelnuts. Yum!

Place about 2 cups of packed organic baby spinach into a blender, Vitamixer, Ninja, etc.
Add about 5 ice cubes.
Add 1/2-1 frozen banana (freeze some already peeled)
Add about 1/4 cup frozen tropical fruit (I like peaches and pineapple)
Add a splash of almond milk (or any non-dairy milk)
Blend until all the spinach is incorporated.

I swear, you'll fall in love with this tropical treat. Especially in the dead of winter! And just last weekend I picked up some protein powder to jazz things up. More on that in a later post!

No comments: