Tuesday, January 31, 2012

What the BULK?!?!? Storing and Cooking bulk grains.

We tend to eat what we see and what is fast and easy to grab, right? I understand! Knowing this, one of the things I've done in my pantry is fill some nice plastic bins (glass mason jars are great too!) with whole grains like millet, cous cous, bulgar wheat, brown rice, oats and I have them front and center!

And something I've done is label them (label makers are too much fun and run about $20!)
with the cooking instructions right on the bin. That way, cooking up these grains is a snap. By the way, the brown rice always cooks for 45-50 minutes.




Can we just pause and consider how awesome it is that this whole wheat cous cous (from Whole Foods) takes ONE minute to make. One minute! Boil for one and then rest for five. That's it!

No comments: