Monday, January 23, 2012

Origins review: Checks and Balances face wash!


Good Morning! As promised, I'm going to be reviewing the best-selling products from the company Origins, as part of my quest to find my favorite animal and planet-friendly beauty products. Because here at veganmama, I believe there is more to it than just what you put in your body. What you put ON your body is important as well. But don't call the vegan police about my leather boots... :(

How would you describe your skin? I believe (?) mine is combination. Mostly normal, but a little shine here and there :) With that understanding, I don't like the idea of using a harsh face wash that would dry out my entire face, just to get the shine off the ol' forehead. When I read that Checks and Balances is a rich everyday cleanser, I couldn't wait to try it! Here are some of the details, courtesy of Origins:


Checks and Balances™ Frothy face wash uses plant essence to provide perfectly balanced cleansing for combination skin. This rich, creamy cleanser for combination skin features “smart” skin balancing ingredients that distinguish exactly where skin needs moisture and where it needs oil absorption. (veganmama note: cool, isn't it?)


BENEFITS:

This gentle, frothy face wash balances moisture and oil levels so skin feels comfortably refreshed after cleansing, never tight, pulled or parched. Broad Leaf Kelp Extract discourages excess oil, even after removal, while Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein balances and protects dry prone zones. And Tourmaline helps to more easily disperse dirt and sebum down the drain. Aromatic Geranium, Spearmint, Lavender and Bergamot combat irritation while soothing and relaxing the skin, body and mind.


Thank you Origins!


So basically, here are my thoughts: a little goes a long way (I use no more than a dime size), it smells AMAZING, it leaves my skin feeling clean but not tight, and I think I just found my favorite new cleanser! I have zero problem paying $19.50 for a cleanser that will last me months, and frankly, make me so happy! And plus, now my younger brother knows what to get me for my birthday each year, right?





No comments: