Monday, February 6, 2012

SPRING vegetarian night at my house


Have you been following the blog and are ready to come to my house for dinner?

Sometime in the next few weeks I'll be hosting a very special gathering at my house: a second "vegetarian tasting night" !

I initially came up with the idea late last summer and hosted five friends here at my house. Each person paid a small fee and I served a five course tasting menu! The first tasting consisted of:

White Bean Dip
Kale Chips
Roasted Butternut Squash/Carrot Curry Soup
Escarole with Chickpeas and Carmelized Onions
Cold Quinoa Salad with Roasted Beets and Fresh Herbs
Raw Date and Nut Balls

While we ate we shared stories of food/eating and offered eachother advice and inspiration. I loved every minute of it and (I say this all the time) continue to learn from my amazing peers and readers.

While I prepare food you'll get to watch the process and also learn a thing or two about what I'm doing and why :)

Please keep an eye out for information regarding the Spring 2012 tasting. I'll likely cap it at 10 people, so if you're interested, don't pause! Last time it filled up quickly!

Question: If you're planning on coming, any particular recipe you'd like to taste?

No comments: