Wednesday, October 10, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

How can it already be Wednesday? Is time just flying by? I swear, once school starts back up I blink and it's New Years Eve!

So what have I been cooking lately...

Breakfast was so good:


Overnight oats in the crockpot recipe you can find right here. I realize I shouldn't eat breakfast in front of my computer, but some mornings I just don't feel like moving over to the table like a civilized person! Still better than eating cereal in the car, right?

I have to say, it tasted a lot better than the picture makes it look! The apples were perfectly cooked and truly tasted more like dessert than breakfast. No complaints about that! Maple syrup (the real stuff) and cinnamon brought out the sweetness. Thanks again to Mike C. for the link to the recipe.


Lunch was Mexican: Seasoned black beans, mango, guacamole, hot black chips, salsa, mushrooms and tomatoes.


 

 Snack was the usual! Spinach/almond milk/ice/frozen banana smoothie.




Dinner was tastier than it looks, I promise :)

Roasted butternut squash, kale chips, wheatberry salad and some Gardien "steak" bites. Don't you just love food this time of year?



No comments: