Friday, October 5, 2012

Veganmama on the road

Eating in a hotel on the road can be a little bit of a challenge when you're trying to eat in a healthy way. That said, if you're willing to ask, most places can accommodate!


On our recent trip up to Maine, we stayed in a hotel that actually had a nice little Irish pub attached to it. Most of the menu items were pretty straight up: eggs, bacon, waffles, pancakes, etc.

I was happy to see Irish oats on the menu, so I asked the server if she would give me some (made without milk) with a side of fruit and peanut butter. Who can resist peanut butter served in a cute little container like that?

I put the whole dollop on my oats, stirred it up and enjoyed peanut butter oatmeal. Mission accomplished and I was very full and happy at the end of the meal!

No comments: