Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Super simple Kale Avocado Lime salad

We all know by now that kale is one of THE most nutritious leafy greens on the planet, but might also agree we need new ways to serve it if we're supposed to be eating it weekly :) You remember my recent post about meeting Rip Esselstyn of the Engine 2 Diet?


I made this recipe right after watching Rip's Engine 2 Diet video and I love it. The one thing I added, simply because I already had some peeled and cut was some jicama. Otherwise, it's very similar to Rip's recipe:

My version:
Chopped kale
One avocado
One lime (Rip uses lemon)
Peeled and chopped jicama
Sprinkle of sea salt

Put the chopped kale in a bowl. Then, add one ripe avocado and the lime juice and (with clean hands!) smash it all up together until the kale starts to relax and the avocado and lime make an awesome dressing! That's pretty much all there is to it. Any recipe this easy needs attention drawn to it, so have fun with it and spread the word!

No comments: