Thursday, October 6, 2011

The first Vegetarian Night at my house

Last week I had the pleasure of hosting five people for my first vegetarian tasting night. We enjoyed a tasting menu and then had about an hour to talk about everything from heart disease to grocery shopping. What I found interesting was that some things that are very much a part of my everyday diet are very new (and unusual!) to others. I came up with the idea to have a tasting night because I thought about what it would be like to be someone who was curious going vegetarian, but didn’t know where to start. I wanted to show others how fun and easy it is!

Here is what my guests enjoyed:

  • Kale Chips
  • Butternut Squash/Carrot curry stew
  • White Bean and Yellow Lentil Dips
  • Quinoa with Roasted Beets
  • Escarole with Chickpeas and Caramelized Onions
  • Raw Balls

The night gave people the chance to taste premade items and also watch me make some of the meal. Once people saw how easy it was, it took some of the mystery out of it! I’m planning on offering these get-togethers on a quarterly basis for a small fee per person. It’s a nice night out and a great way to spend some time with others who are interested in health and trying new things!

No comments: