Wednesday, January 9, 2013

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday, where we take a look at what I've been cooking up/preparing in the kitchen.

For breakfast I had a special breakfast guest (courtesy of my sweet daughter!) The big guy was dining on Shredded Wheat, Grapenuts, old-fashioned oats, grapes, banana and soy milk. Yum.



Lunch is now portable because (drum roll...) I am now working part time during the day! My go-to easy-to-prepare and quick-to-eat lunch is some carrots and dip (this here is a lentil hummus) and some whole wheat couscous with toasted pecans, chopped apricot and raw red pepper. Simple, easy and cheap! And to think I used to always eat peanut butter and jelly!




Snack was pure luxury (wink, wink, Tom!) and all antioxidant! A POM pomegranate and a couple squares of super dark chocolate. Yum times two. Yum.



Dinner was some baked buttercup squash, sweet potato mash, roasted shallots and brussel sprouts, creamy kale (made with tahini and lemon) and an apple cranberry bake.


Thanks for checking in today. Remember, most Wednesdays are "What I Ate Wednesday" days :)