Wednesday, November 21, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday, where we take a look at what I've been up to in the kitchen!
 I can't believe tomorrow is already Thanksgiving? Where does the time go?

Breakfast was the same sort of thing I love every morning: old fashioned oats and grapenuts mixed with raisins, walnuts and bananas topped with vanilla soymilk. Delicious and very filling!





Lunch was a big old yummy apple and this simple salad of baby spinach, carrots and tahini dressing. The crackers are Finn Crisp Rosemary. A lot of flavor and crunch in a simple cracker!




My afternoon snack was a frozen banana chocolate smoothie topped with walnuts. If you can't tell, I love all nuts, but especially walnuts. Remember, although nuts are calorically dense, they are an excellent snack and source of healthy fats.



Dinner was a big portion of kale chips (love them!) topped with a little sea salt, roasted carrots and yellow beets and a couple of quinoa cakes.


No comments: