Wednesday, November 14, 2012

What I Ate Wednesday

Welcome back to What I Ate Wednesday! If you're a regular here at veganmama, you may have noticed that I've switched over to a Monday/Wednesday/Friday schedule. I'm hoping this keeps everyone hungry (ha, ha) for more :)


Breakfast will always be my favorite meal of the day. I got a little heavy handed with the soymilk, almost entirely covering the cereal, but here is a bowl of Grape Nuts mixed with old fashioned oats, raisins, walnuts and flax seed. I topped it with banana slices. I could never get through my morning without a substantial bowl of cereal and fruit!


Lunch was a plate of hummus, carrots, pita chips an a sliced raw zucchini. Might sound strange, but raw zucchini is really good this way.


Snack was the usual chocolate/banana/almond milk/ice smoothie, but this time I jazzed it up with some hemp seeds.


You can find these raw shelled hemp seeds at Whole Foods or right here on veganmama!








Dinner felt very seasonal! Kale chips, curried potato and chick peas over brown rice, and roasted buttercup squash topped with apricot honey glaze (from Stonewall Kitchen, thanks Mom!)



No comments: