Thursday, December 8, 2011

Sesame Almond Balls




Believe me, I understand cravings for sweets. Because it's easy to lose site of healthy eating during the holidays, I wanted to share a recipe I just made (in about five minutes, if that!) from the book CLEAN FOOD, by Terry Walters. What I like about this is that every ingredient is something I keep stocked, so they are easy to make when a craving strikes. Also, the ingredients are not creepy fake food: they are all real :) And the best part? No guilt. Because as you may have figured out, I don't mix guilt with eating. That's just bad news!

Sesame Almond Balls

1/2 cup toasted sesame seeds
1/2 cup almond butter
1/4 cup toasted sunflower seeds
1/4 cup toasted almonds (I used sliced)
5 dates, pitted

Place 1/4 cup sesame seeds in a small bowl and set aside.

In a food processor, combine remaining ingredients and process to form a stiff paste or meal. Form into tablespoon-size balls and roll in reserved sesame seeds to coat. Serve immediately or store in airtight container for up to four days.

I like to chill them in the fridge so they harden up a little.

Makes about 10 balls.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea and since I also have these ingredients in my pantry, will try the recipe this week. Btw, love the serving plate (where did you get it may I ask?).

Veganmama said...

The plate is a dinner plate from Salmon Falls Pottery in Maine :)