Thursday, December 15, 2011

The Post Punk Kitchen

I love reading blogs. In fact, I'm not embarrassed to say that I spend a good hour a day reading decorating and vegetarian blogs. What can I say? It's one of the ways I find "me" time and relax. And since I literally don't turn on the television until about 10:00 most nights, I feel zero guilt. Blogs serve as a major source of inspiration and creativity, especially in the kitchen.

Before Thanksgiving I hosted some good friends for dinner and one of my foodie guests was excited to make a vegan dessert for the event. Although I tried to give her the easy way out ("just pick up something from Whole Foods' bakery!") she rose to the occasion and baked up a delicious apple crisp. If you're ever a guest in my home, I welcome anything you bring (vegan or NOT!), so don't freak if you ever get invited over for dinner :) But consider yourself lucky...I've become a pretty darn good vegan cook!

The site my friend used for her apple crisp is The Post Punk Kitchen. Love the name, since I like to think of myself as a post-punk mama. I have bookmarked the site as a reliable place for great recipes. And they go in very interesting directions with cooking. It's fearless. It's original. It's PUNK! Check it out! And just for fun, here is a favorite video from a favorite punk band.

No comments: