I've sung the praises of the blog "Oh She Glows" before, and once again she has posted a wonderful SIMPLE dinner recipe. I know a lot of people live for pasta, but I've never been a big fan. When I'm really craving something, it's definitely not a pasta dish. However, all bets are off with this recipe! And it's exactly as she says: very creamy! I only used 1 garlic clove, which was plenty, and instead of fresh basil, I used the fresh puree basil that comes in a tube (located in the refrigerated section of the market for about $3.50). I urge you to try this recipe as soon as possible and then let me know what you think! My whole family loved it!
15 Minute Creamy Avocado Pasta
Creamy, thick, and rich with lots of garlic flavor and a hint of lemon. This is my newest favorite pasta dish. The avocado works wonderfully in this recipe to create a sauce so creamy and thick, you will think there is cream hiding in there.
Inspired by My Recipe.org.
Yield: Serves 2 (my yield was 3)
- 1 medium sized ripe Avocado, pitted (make sure it's good and ripe)
- 1/2 lemon, juiced + lemon zest to garnish (USE FRESH!!)
- 2-3 garlic cloves, to taste (I used 3 and it was quite garlicky, but if you are not a big fan of garlic use 1 clove)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/4 cup Fresh Basil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 servings/6 oz of your choice of pasta (I used 3oz of spelt and 3 oz of Kamut spaghetti)
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1. Bring several cups of water to a boil in a medium sized pot. Add in your pasta, reduce heat to medium, and cook until Al Dente, about 8-10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the sauce by placing the garlic cloves, lemon juice, and olive oil into a food processor. Process until smooth. Now add in the pitted avocado, basil, and salt. Process until smooth and creamy.
3. When pasta is done cooking, drain and rinse in a strainer and place pasta into a large bowl. Pour on sauce and toss until fully combined. Garnish with lemon zest and black pepper. Serve immediately. Makes 2 servings.
Please note: This dish does not reheat well due to the avocado in the sauce. Please serve immediately.