Have you tried EZEKIEL bread? Ezekiel bread is a little different tasting than others, but I love it, especially toasted. I've had trouble finding it fresh at my grocery store (it's at most stores in the frozen food department), so was happy to find it fresh at Trader Joe's!
From their site:
Ezekiel 4:9® products are crafted in the likeness of the Holy Scripture verse
Ezekiel 4:9® to ensure unrivaled honest nutrition and pure, delicious flavors.
"Take also unto thee wheat, and barley, and beans, and lentils and millet, and spelt and put them in one vessel…" Ezekiel 4:9®
It’s this special, unique combination of 6 grains and legumes that harvests benefits beyond what we normally expect from our breads, pastas, cereals, and other foods.
- Source of Complete Protein - Rated 84.3% as efficient as the highest source of protein (comparable to that of milk or eggs)
- Contains 18 Amino Acids - Including all 9 essential amino acids
- Increased Digestibility - Sprouting breaks down starches in grains into simple sugars so your body can digest them easily.
- Increased Absorption of Minerals – Sprouting breaks down enzyme inhibitors, so your body can more easily absorb calcium, magnesium, iron, copper and zinc.
- Increased Vitamin C - Sprouting produces vitamin C.
- Increased Vitamin B - Sprouting increases the vitamin B2, B5 & B6.
- Great source of Fiber - Combining sprouted grains and legumes gives a good amount of natural fiber in each serving.